1) Run the "Phone Info" app.
2) Select "Phone information"
3) Select <CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto> (or which ever radio selection you're currently set to)
4) Change to <CDMA auto (PRL)>
5) Just hit your Home button to exit, you shouldn't even have to restart.
Voila' - You're in 3G
I've been thrilled with battery performance in 4G, but I occasionally need to demonstrate my phone's 3G performance for my line of work, and I'm sure folks can find other uses for this function.
Oh yeah, you can change back to 4G simply by going into the Mobile Data Settings Menu and change Preferred Network to CDMA/LTE or Global
Edited by wgergely, 27 November 2012 - 03:02 PM.